September 1st, 2016 – August 31st, 2017
Thompson Tutoring, LLC 251 North Rose Street, Suite 200 Kalamazoo, MI 49007 (269) 329-0730
Welcome to Thompson Tutoring! We are excited to work with you and help you excel on your chosen instrument or progress in your academic area. Below, we have listed important information and general guidelines regarding your tutoring sessions with Thompson Tutoring. Please review the student handbook to familiarize yourself with the policies. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. By starting lessons, it is implied that you have read the Thompson Tutoring Student Handbook, and agree to the policies listed within the document.
Thank you! Corey Thompson, Executive Director
- Lesson schedules are developed based on availability of both the student and instructor. Students will submit their available lesson times to Thompson Tutoring. The Scheduling Coordinator will then match up the student with an appropriate instructor, who has availability during the student’s chosen times. If an instructor is not available, the student will be placed on a waiting list. Thompson Tutoring always tries to provide the best possible lesson time for each student. However, tutors have varying schedules based on the neighborhoods that they teach in, as well as their hours available for instruction. So, it may not be possible to honor specific time requests. When a student provides several options and wide time frames in their available schedule, there is a higher probability of placing them with an instructor.
- Lesson units are ½ hour each week, which are scheduled by Thompson Tutoring and agreed to by the student. When students agree to a lesson time, they are agreeing that both Thompson Tutoring and the student will reserve the “agreed to” time slot each week.
- Students may also choose to purchase more than one lesson unit or add a ½ lesson unit (15 minutes) to help increase their progress (subject to instructor availability).
- Changes in lesson times are only offered if available, and must be approved by the teacher, the student and the Executive Director.
- By paying for a lesson/tutoring session, students are paying to reserve their specific weekly time slot.
- Lessons canceled by Thompson Tutoring will be: made up, credited toward the next billing period, or refunded.
- Lessons canceled by a student: will not be refunded. A make-up lesson will be offered if possible, but is not guaranteed.
- Extended Absences: Students who are planning an extended absence (3 or more weeks) may retain their place in their teacher’s lesson schedule by paying a 50% holding fee in advance of their absence. Students must inform Thompson Tutoring in writing at least 2 weeks in advance of the extended absence in order to claim the 50% holding fee credit. Time slots which are not held using the 50% holding fee shall be immediately available to students on Thompson Tutoring’s waiting list.
- Thompson Tutoring instructors have paid vacations on the following days: Memorial Day, 4th of July (1 week), Labor Day, Thanksgiving (Thursday/Friday), Christmas (1 week). Full lesson fees will be paid by students for these days. Vacation days are built into the yearly tuition, and are not expected to be made up by the instructor.
- Instructors: Thompson Tutoring instructors are all highly qualified professionals in their field, and have had a background check. We are confident that you will find your instructor to be professional, knowledgeable and an excellent teacher. If you do have any questions or concerns about your instructor, please contact Thompson Tutoring (Corey Thompson, Executive Director, email@example.com) immediately, so that we can address any questions promptly.
- Lesson Units: Sessions are invoiced by 30-minute lesson units, based upon the contracted lesson time. There is a minimum of 1 full weekly lesson unit per household.
- Students may purchase additional lesson units (30 minutes) or ½ lesson units (15 minutes) if they would like multiple lessons or longer lesson times. Additional session time may significantly increase student achievement. Please discuss the most appropriate amount of lesson time with your instructor.
- Fees: $22.00 per lesson unit.
- When to Pay: Fees are charged monthly in advance. Fees are to be paid in full in advance of the first lesson of each month. This ensures that the instructor is paid within a timely manner. Thompson Tutoring will send an invoice electronically to each student prior to the first lesson of each month. Paper invoices can be mailed upon request.
- How to Pay: For security reasons, Thompson Tutoring Instructors other than Corey and Dawn Thompson will not accept payments.
Lesson fees may be paid by:
1) Cash – Cash payments must be given directly to either the Executive Director or Scheduling Coordinator. Cash can also be dropped off at the business office listed below. The business office is open Monday-Friday (8:30 am-5 pm).
2) Check – Checks should be made out to Thompson Tutoring, LLC. They may be sent in the mail to the address below or given directly to either the Executive Director, Scheduling Coordinator or business office. The business office is open Monday-Friday (8:30am-5 pm).
Address: Thompson Tutoring, LLC
251 North Rose Street, Suite 200
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
- Online Payment Options: Credit Card and Direct Bank Account Transfers are available. A link inside your electronic invoice will take you to the secure Quickbooks Online Payment site. Direct bank account transfers and credit cards options are available.
FEES: Direct Bank Account Transfer – no charge
Credit Card – 3.4% + $.25 per transaction
New Students: There is an initial lesson fee of $22.00 for your first lesson. This fee is due prior to the initial lesson. We want to ensure that you are satisfied with your instructor before you commit to continue with lessons. Following the initial lesson, you will be invoiced for the remainder of the month. If you choose not to continue lessons, you must contact Thompson Tutoring within 72 hours after your first lesson to cancel.
- Additional Student Lesson Fee: Group lessons may be available in some circumstances. A fee will be added for each additional student which exceeds one student in a lesson. Due to educational concerns, this option is only available for some lesson types. Fees differ depending on the type of lesson being taught. Please contact Thompson Tutoring for details.
- Late Payments: Any outstanding balance not paid by the 20th of each month will be charged a late fee of $5.00 per month per lesson unit. This fee will accrue monthly until the outstanding balance is paid in full, or until a payment plan is approved by the Executive Director.
- Lesson Suspension: An overdue balance that is 30 or more days delinquent will result in the suspension of lessons, unless a repayment plan has been approved by the Executive Director. Lesson time slots which are suspended due to delinquent payments will immediately be made available to students on the Thompson Tutoring waiting list. A student with a delinquent account may resume lessons once their account is paid in full, but their old time slot or instructor cannot be guaranteed.
- Lesson Materials: There will be materials required for most instruction that are not included in the monthly lesson fee. You will receive a separate invoice for lesson materials. Payments may be combined with your monthly lesson payment, or paid separately. Thompson Tutoring will send an email confirmation to the student/family stating the materials to be purchased and the expected cost prior to purchase. An email reply from the student/family will be required in order to provide the materials.
- Discontinuing Lessons: We do understand that occasionally due to circumstances, students may need to discontinue lessons. If you need to discontinue your lessons, you must contact Thompson Tutoring to cancel by the 20th day of the month in order not to be charged for the following month.
- A parent or other responsible adult must be present for all lessons with a minor (under the age of 18).
- A parent or other responsible adult must provide supervision for all siblings and pets during lessons. The lesson area should be free from any distractions.
- Thompson Tutoring is in no way legally responsible for: student, other children or pets during a lesson.
Throughout the year, there may be times when Thompson Tutoring staff, the media, or other organizations, with the approval of the executive director, may take photographs of students, audiotape/videotape students (recitals, etc.), or interview students for educationally-related stories in a way that would individually identify a specific student by their first name. Those photographs and/or audio/videotaped images or interviews may appear in media publications; in video productions; on the Thompson Tutoring website; in the news media; or in other education-related organizations’ publications.
By starting lessons, you are granting Thompson Tutoring the right to use your student’s image for the above
purposes. If you would prefer not to have your student photographed or videotaped by Thompson Tutoring, please send a note either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail to Thompson Tutoring, and they will be placed on the
“No Photos/Videos” list.
Please direct all questions to:
Corey Thompson, Executive Director