The deadline for submissions to the Thompson Tutoring 2021 Holiday Recital is fast approaching! Here are some guidelines for performance recordings. Please read these instructions carefully before submitting.
1. The deadline for submissions is Friday, December 10th. Please submit all recordings no later than 12/10 to allow time for editing.
2. Practice practice practice! Students should play through their selection fully each day prior to recording.
3. Include all of the following information along with your submitted recording:
Title of piece
4. Limit performances to no more than 4 minutes in length. If your submission is longer than 4 minutes, let us know which segment of the video to include in the recital via timestamp (:35-2:15 for example).
5. Please submit video files in .mov, .mp4, or, m4v formats. Be sure that your files are not too large to send! If necessary, the files can be delivered by hand to the recital coordinator via SD card – contact Thompson Tutoring for an address.
6. Recordings may be submitted via email attachment, Google Drive, iCloud, Dropbox, or any similar service. Apple users can send videos via iMessage. Participants will receive an email with contact information attached.
7. Performers should take some time to consider the setting for the their video. Dress as though you were going to be playing on stage at a concert. Feel free to spruce up the space with holiday decorations, unique lighting, and so on. Before beginning their piece, participants are welcome to address the camera in order to introduce themselves and their selections. Be creative!
Feel free to contact us any time if you have questions.